Economics Day is our annual celebration to recognize outstanding achievements by undergraduate and graduate students and exemplary teaching by economics faculty. It is made possible by the generosity of the W.P. Carey Foundation.
- Kanta Marwah Prize for Undergraduate Research Grant presented to Keshav Garud and Julio Reynaga Galeas.
- Lawrence R. Klein Prize for Outstanding Research by an Undergraduate presented to Seth Pollack.
- Simon Kuznets Fellowship Award in Economics presented to Jennifer Matte and Brian Collopy.
- Bernard Shanbaum Prize for Excellence in Economics presented to Jonathan Roth.
- Robert Summers Dissertation Fellowship in Economics presented to Felipe Saffie.
- Edwin Mansfield Teaching Prize presented to Diego Amador Osuna.
- The Maloof Family Dissertation Fellowship in Economics presented to Naoki Aizawa.
- Joel Popkin Graduate Student Teaching Prize in Economics presented to Felipe Saffie.
- Sidney Weintraub Memorial Fellowship in Economics presented to Ju Hu.
- Paul Taubman Memorial Prize for Empirical Economics Research presented to Anton Badev.
- Hiram C. Haney Fellowship Award in Economics presented to Nicolas Grau and Tanida Arayavechkit.
- David Cass/Beth Hayes Prize for Research Accomplishments awarded to Kurt Mitman.
- William Polk Carey Prize for the Outstanding Economics Dissertation in 2012 was presented to Karam Kang, who is Assistant Professor of Economics at the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Irving B. Kravis Prize for Distinction in Undergraduate Teaching presented to David Dillenberger and Jere Behrman.