CALL FOR PAPERS
ITAM-PIER Conference on Macroeconomics and Finance
Philadelphia, 9-10 September, 2021
The Pennsylvania Institute for Economic Research (PIER) of the University of Pennsylvania and the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) will organize this summer the sixth edition of their annual conference on Macroeconomics.
Due to the constraints imposed by the pandemic, the conference will most likely use an online format, perhaps hybrid if these constraints are relaxed by the summer.
The goal of the ITAM-PIER Conference on Macroeconomics and Finance is to bring together researchers from around the world to discuss frontier articles in leading topics on Macroeconomics. The focus of the conference is very broad, aiming to include theoretical and empirical work, work with a positive or normative focus, as well as work from either a domestic or international perspective. We expect to cover about ten papers in detail.
This year, we are looking for new papers focusing on the broad theme of macroeconomics and finance, macro policy, sovereign debt, financial intermediation, and their implications for the real economy. The range of topics spanning this main theme is very large, and we welcome submissions from all of their angles, including but not limited to:
- Financial frictions, labor market frictions, and productivity.
- Financial frictions and firm dynamics.
- Public debt dynamics and sustainability.
- Domestic and external sovereign debt crises.
- Public debt and private financial intermediation.
- Macroeconomic aspects of financial regulation.
- Financial frictions in the analysis of exchange rate policy and capital controls.
- Monetary policy during financial crises.
- The role of financial markets during the COVID-19 pandemics.
The submission deadline is May 30th, 2021. Authors of selected papers will be notified by June 14th. Papers should be submitted in electronic format (PDF) to PIER at email@example.com. More information about the conference and its previous editions can be found at: https://economics.sas.upenn.edu/pier/itam-pier-conference-macroeconomics
We hope to see you at this event!
The Program Committee
Alessandro Dovis, Guillermo Ordoñez, (University of Pennsylvania)
Tiago Tavares, Carlos Urrutia (ITAM)