Economics of Data Workshop
Friday: Silverman Hall 245A, 3501 Sansom St.
Saturday: Room 401B, 3401 Walnut St.
The Economics of Data Workshop is devoted to the ways in which data is restructuring existing competitive markets (i.e. by enabling better price discrimination, changing the boundaries of the firm, and creating monopoly power), as well as the design of ‘data marketplaces.’ It will run over two days. The first day will begin with speakers who will give us a bird’s eye perspective of the role of data. In the second day, leading specialists will focus on particular aspects of the economics of data.
11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Michael Schwarz, Chief Economist, Microsoft
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm: LUNCH
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm: Garrett van Ryzin, Cornell Tech and Head of Marketplace Labs at Lyft
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm: BREAK
2:45 pm - 3:45 pm: Harikesh Nair, Stanford University and Chief Business Strategy Scientist at JD.com
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm: BREAK
4:15 pm - 5:15 pm: Maureen Ohlhausen, Commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission
6:00 pm: Dinner for all the speakers
8:30 am - 9:00 am: LIGHT BREAKFAST
9:00 am - 9:45 am: Munther Dahleh, MIT
9:45 am - 10:00 am: BREAK
10:00 am - 10:45 am: Sven Seuken, University of Zurich
10:45 am - 11:00 am: BREAK
11:00 am - 11:45 am: Alessandro Acquisti, Carnegie Mellon University
11:45 am - 1:00 pm: LUNCH
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm: Amit Gandhi, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, formerly Chief Economist Microsoft Cloud
1:45 pm - 2:00 pm: BREAK
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm: Michael Bailey, Facebook
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm: BREAK
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm: Ginger Zhe Jin, Department of Economics, University of Maryland
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm: BREAK
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm: Dirk Bergemann, Department of Economics, Yale University
- Annie Liang, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania
- Christopher Yoo, Law School, University of Pennsylvania
- Aviv Nevo, Department of Economics and the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Michael Kearns, Department of Computer and Information Science, Co-Director of the Warren Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Rakesh Vohra, Departments of Economics and Electrical & Systems Engineering, Co-Director of the Warren Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Coming soon!